Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Masks

Reading Mia, got me thinking about the faces we show to others(why I enjoy reading her, gets my mind to spinning). Most people have masks, falls into basic psychology.

The way we see ourselves.
The way we want others to see us.
The way a stranger sees us.
The way those close to us see us.

Only in a scant few people on the planet, is the face you see the only one there is. I have walked further than most can imagine ("Seven Seas" is more than just a nice sounding alter ego, it is quite an apt description), and have only met one person that was maskless. I am introspective enough to see my own masks, and see how they change when dealing with different people. This is neither a good or bad thing, just what makes us human.

1 comment:

Mia said...

Well, its nice to know I can make something spin! :)

I'm guessing you are thinking about my recent 'honesty' post. I don't think I had a mask with this man, he knew more about me, how my mind worked etc than anyone else has done, it was more that I did what I had to do at the time, just to cope with the situation in which we found ourselves. Perhaps not even realising that I was doing so.