Saturday, April 15, 2006

Brown thumb

I realize there are some things I have no talent for. Among them are:

Learning new languages

Singing and dancing (even when drunk)

Have a meaningful conversation about home decor

Enjoy watching a mime

Wear pastels

Grow plants

For a house warming gift I received a small plant. This plant was supposed to need little water, sunlight, or attention. Even following the care instructions that came with it, the plant did not make it. Not a cheerful sight on Easter morning (every leaf fell off it last night).

Well guess I will give up my dream of becoming a botanist, and stick to things I have talents in.

3 comments:

Mia said...

"stick to things I have talents in."

Which are?

Seven Seas said...

I have a wide range of talents including but not limited to...
Cooking
Photography
Drawing
and from time to time, really bad romantic poetry.

Madame Chiang said...

I can sympathise...I am known in our family as the "Plant Killer".... I have never been able to keep a plant alive...so I have given up...I no longer have any plants...and don't intend to! My brother however, has an orchid plant in his kitchen that I gave him about 10 years ago...and the damn thing just keeps living...and flowering...and living...and flowering....!!