Friday, July 14, 2006

Insecurities

Oh the drama, allow me to relay the happenstance of last night. As per our usual nothing better to do plans, our group ajourned to one of the local drinking establishments. Partaking of many libations, I started to buying other patrons refreshing beverages of their own (as I am known to do, when intoxicated). Alas the usual glad tidings brought by such excesses, was not to be.

One of my fellows in drunkenness, got offended that I dared buy his lady a drink (regardless of the fact that I bought for him in the rest of the table as well), and in a display of true insecure male high-schoolness proceeded to get (for the lack of a better word) bitchy. I have since learned that this is not an uncommon practice for this individual (sober or drunk).

So now to speak plainly, the guy needs to get over it. Just because a friend of your girlfriend buys her a drink, does not mean that person is trying to sleep with her. Leave the insecure, testosterone driven, small ego drama at the door. Personally I don't need the drama.

2 comments:

Scorpy said...

I tend to buy people drinks and tip too much when Ihave had a few also...That other bloke has gotta get over himself and his insecurities

ChickyBabe said...

You'd think he'd be pleased with a free drink!