Sunday, May 14, 2006

What is wrong with these people (rant)

After having a nice, relaxing weekend I made the mistake of checking the news this morning. I have since shifted gears from pleasant, to disgusted.

Lets start with a judge is in trouble for saying the Pledge of allegiance. The judge in question did not force participation in saying the pledge, but it made one lawyer "uncomfortable" and that it "Promoted Patriotism". What the fuck?? In an American court room, a judge can not say the Pledge? If you don't want to say the Pledge fine, that is your right I have no problem with that. How dare you tell me that because it makes you uncomfortable, someone else can not.

The next thing that got me spinning, a apartment complex has told it's residents that they can no longer use the public areas to have bible study, or display a nativity scene at Christmas. They said the Bible studies and nativity scene might make tenets feel that one religion is preferred over another. To this I say "Fuck you". I am so sick of witch hunt against Christians that is so stylish right now. In California a school principal was sued because he "was a confessed Christian" and had a bible on his desk. What comes next, churches can no longer be in public because they might offend someone? I am Christian, I don't try to force my beliefs on others, why do they get to force their beliefs on me?

And finally the ACLU is trying to set up a hatred hotline, that people can call if they see someone being insensitive towards another. So now ontop of it being wrong to be patriotic and/or a Christian, I can no longer be an asshole when I want to be.
Give me a break, it is every person's right to be a asshole.

Like I said, just highly disgusted at the moment. The only high point in the news was Ted Kennedy's plane getting struck by lightning, just proves that God hates Ted Kennedy as much as I do :).

1 comment:

primal said...

Ah yes. The PC army. The originators of the 11th commandment "Thou Shalt Not Offend Thy Neighbor". Right. Personally, I prefer this quote from Suicidal Tendencies "If I offended you, I'm sorry but maybe you needed to be offended. Here's my apology and one more thing, fuck you."