Thursday, July 19, 2007

Too many goodbyes...

Been saying too many goodbyes lately. It is the nature of this business that people come and go, that dose not make it easy. I've never been the most sociable of persons, so when I have to say goodbye to a friend it leaves a icy void where someone should be. This morning I said it again.

Things started off with the intervening hand of Murphy's law.

"Morning... What time is your train?"
" 6:59..."

Things kick into high gear as realization kicks in.

"Darlin, it's 6:30. Get up and get dressed, we gotta go!!!"
"None of my alarms went off, how does this happen?"
Fumbling on a pair of socks "Don't worry bout that now, we gotta move."

6:34
A small black car, revs and speeds out of an apartment complex.

6:40
The small black car weaves through city traffic at break neck speeds.

6:45
The driver of the small black car curses vehemently at a traffic light, in multiple languages.

6:50
The small black car screeches to a halt in front of the Taegu Train station. A large dark haired man grabs a suitcase and sprints for the lobby, followed closely by a petite blond woman.

6:57
The man hands the suitcase up to the woman as the train door closes.

I watch the train door close and feel the coldness of a new void. I'm sure we'll meet again, the world is a small place.

Fair winds and following seas, Dove. I'll miss you.

2 comments:

The Exception said...

I don't like good-byes. I would rather say "until we meet again." It is more hopeful.

Sometimes good-byes are necessary, and there just isn't a good way to say them.

Seven Seas said...

Exception- Never a good way to say goodbye, really wish they did not go with this way of life.