Sunday, July 01, 2007

My nature...

"You don't have to take every one's problems on your shoulders."
"I don't know, his shoulders are pretty big."
A deft smirk flashes
"I work out, and it's my nature."

How many can claim that they truly know their true nature?

What happens when two sides of your nature come into conflict?

"gnothi seauton" or "Know thyself" was inscribed in the pronaos of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi. At times I don't know if I truly do, and others I think I know myself too well. I suppose this lumps me in with the rest of humanity, scary thought.

3 comments:

ChickyBabe said...

How about when you know yourself too well, then someone figures out something you thought was well hidden and it conforms even more that you know yourself?

Seven Seas said...

Chicky- Couldn't the fact that you didn't hide it well enough mean that you wanted it to be found? And if you tried to hide something that some part of you wanted to be known, do you really know yourself?

For some reason I have a headache now...

ChickyBabe said...

It means that you knew yourself well enough to realise it is a well-hidden part of you, yet it exists. And it took a special person to see it and confirm what you always thought. Nothing to do with hiding it from them, or being discovered.

Getting that confirmation from someone validates that you knew yourself well enough.

I'll split you an aspirin... nah, make it a drink!