Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tomorrow...

I look down at my watch and wince, time to make a discreet exit. Drifting towards the door, my farewells are met with hugs, handshakes, and the offer of more libations. As usual discreet has gone out the window.

"It's not that late you could stay a bit longer."

I look down into deep dark eyes, it's a fight not to drown in them. The rest of the bar fades into nothingness, the clean crispness of her scent cuts through the smell of smoke and alcohol. In the back of my mind something primal feels the warmth of her nearness and hungers.

"Afraid I have to, us old timers need our beauty sleep. Not all of us are as blessed as you."

I grin mischievously, still trapped by her eyes. A coy smile graces me.

"Call me tomorrow?"

"My word on it."

Her eyes close, releasing me. I feel the heat of her breath on my cheek. Our lips meet as the world drops away.

Who knows what tomorrow holds? I can't wait to find out.

3 comments:

ChickyBabe said...

Nicely written :).

Seven Seas said...

Many thanks Chicky. Every now and then my muse peeks out, when properly motivated that is.

The Exception said...

What did tomorrow bring? ;)