Friday, January 05, 2007

The white knight...

"I'm not the perfect little angel you think I am." Her emerald eyes meeting mine. A soft smile crosses my lips "I know darlin, trust me I see exactly what is there. I wish you could." Uncertainty flashes across her face "You always do that, I don't think you see the dark side of me.". I lay my hand on her shoulder "We all have our dark sides, and compared to what I have seen and have been you don't rate." I feel her trying to decide which way to go. I smirk "What do you see when you see me? Time for the brutal truth love, be honest." Her eyes break contact and then meet mine again "I see someone who is wonderful, I have not yet seen a bad side to you. Some of the best times I can think of are with you.". It takes me a moment to recover from this "You know when it comes to you I am a bit stupid? It's like staring down a train, you see it coming and know you should get out of the way, but can't. Your path is yours to choose, as much as I wish I could choose it for you it is not my place. Let me know when you make up your mind." I kiss her on the cheek and walk out....

Decided to try my hand at a little fiction. I think it came off a bit too melodramatic, but I can blame that on too much film noir and goth.

No comments: