Monday, January 15, 2007

Fighting

A large part of who I am revolves around fighting. I'm not talking about brawling or fisticuffs (as the more cultured would put it), I'm talking about overcoming a challenge. That's just who I am, show me something where I have any chance of succeeding and I will fight tooth and nail until I accomplish it or die trying (he types rubbing the bruises from snowboarding). Tell me I should quit, and it makes me go that much harder. It is never about winning or losing, it is about the fight. It's about feeling the passion, and fire that comes from the struggle.
Facing a situation now that I honestly think I have no chance of succeding, and for the life of me I don't know how to handle it. It is a matter of the heart so I can fight all I want, but if the other person dosen't feel the same it is useless. Part of me says to walk away, but when I try a glimmer of hope is shown and I go charging right back in (like an idiot). Figgure it is time for a talk, if this fight is hopeless, it is time to move on.

No comments: