Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Snapshots

My life comes in snapshots. I spend months on end away, am back a week or two, then off again. I come home, snap, memory is made. I leave and that memory stays with me. I come back, snap, new memory. Little changes are what you notice first, changes in your loved ones.
Snap, the baby niece is starting to crawl. Snap, the niece is running, and starting to talk. Snap, my little sister is 5 and playing with dolls. Snap, she is 10 and wanting an Ipod. Snap, I look in the mirror and see more and more of my father staring back at me.
Sometimes I wonder what it would be to have a normal life, sometimes I don't. I do regret not being able to spend more time with my family, but such is the path I walk. I often look at the snapshots of my memory, and wonder what happens between them.

1 comment:

Scorpy said...

Great post...That is excatly how my life was when I was in the services. I had so few opportunities to visit family and friends taht I only carried the last snapshot. It was always amazed me when I next visited to not se them the same way as before. It just had all these images flash thru my head :)