Friday, March 17, 2006

Lay down your burdens

Ok, I just finished watching the last 3 episodes of Battlestar Galatica season 2 (thanks to it being downloadable to the Ipod now). Did not see that turn of events coming, I mean wow. This is the only show that has literally had me on the edge of my seat. Nice show of how the characters act in the civilian life, Starbuck and Tigh hugging was unexpected to say the least.

Couple things kinda bugged me though, the way they found the ballot fraud. The man is in the second most powerful position in the colony, and in a future where they can make rampaging robotic monsters and space ships, they misspell his name. It's the future and they are using paper ballots? Baltar turning into a pill popping whore mongering dictator was a nice touch.

A nuclear warhead goes missing and no one notices? Even in today's military they are checked constantly, give one to a lab for research and you can better believe there would be some marines guarding it the whole time. I can't get though an airport with a zippo in my pocket, and I'm supposed to believe that Baltar managed to smuggle a nuke off a military craft, and onto another ship?

I love the show and think it's writers do a outstanding job, but little convinces like that just to make a easy tie up for the season do it injustice. It could be the geek in me coming out, or the fact that it's now one in the morning, so take this with a grain of salt.

1 comment:

Mia said...

I reallllllly liked BSG myself and did laugh at the typo mistake on the ballot papers.
Those last few episodes though really got me all fired up... waiting for the next season keenly.