Thursday, August 31, 2006

Gotta get one of those big white hats.

Made dinner for some friends last night. I had forgotten how much I enjoy cooking. Cooking, to me, is a multi-sensory experience. The aroma of the cooking meal, the play of colors and textures of the ingredients, and finally the taste all make the meal.

The meal consisted of grilled rib-eye steaks(some marinated in mustard and soy sauce, some marinated in Italian dressing) topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions, baked potatoes with real butter, green beans (seasoned with black pepper and a dash of Tabasco),and cabbage salad (really liked the purple and green contrasting colors).

I think that I will be doing alot more cooking now, I really missed the simple enjoyment of it.

3 comments:

Scorpy said...

Welcome back mate...I hope the Holiday was relaxing. I love cooking but I must say that I have never heard of italian dressing as a marinade for steak. Interesting.

ChickyBabe said...

I love cooking for dinner parties, and a man in the kitchen is very alluring.

Seven Seas said...

Yep, I know my way around a kitchen, can clean, and sew. Call me Domestic Man, now I just have to find a sidekick.