Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tomorrow and Today

Tomorrow I have a fight, not one in a physical sense, but a fight to stay in my current job role. Tomorrow I have to convince people that they need my expertise, and that if I leave they can not afford to replace me. Tomorrow I have to play politician.

Today I have a fight, one of choices and consequences. Today I have to convince people that there is right and wrong. Today I have to play knight.

Maybe the day after tomorrow, I'll get to play me.

4 comments:

The Exception said...

This was beautifully written.

What happened? I hope that it all came out the way you wanted and that, you were truly able to play yourself!

Seven Seas said...

It seems I'm not too good at the whole politician thing, but Egypt may be on the horizon.
As for the knight, too much practice being him. Sometimes doing what is right and needed, ends up making your heart ache.

The Exception said...

An aching heart is not a good thing, you know. That said, I am not sure that there are enough knights in the world to combat an increasing number of dragons!

Ah Egypt... There are parts of that country I would like to visit.

Seven Seas said...

Dragons are easy, big scaly and straight forward. It's the blackguards and despoilers slinking around that are hard to deal with.

It's been awhile since I've seen the pyramids, might be a nice change of scenery.