Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Snapshots 2

I am currently back home in Georgia for some vacation time. It's been 8 months since I have been here. It is amazing how much things change in 8 months. The infant who was sitting in her carrier, gurgling and laughing, is now crawling and trying to talk and stand. Where an old friend used to sit is now empty, with only the regret of not being able to say goodbye. A kid I watched grow up, is now expecting his first child. Familiar faces carry a few more lines and a little more grey.

It's more than a little disconcerting to have such a familiar place seem so alien.

1 comment:

The Exception said...

I return to my home town in Arizona once a year - so much changes and yet so much stays the same. I know that I am welcome there, but I am not sure that it is true that you can always go home... but then again, perhaps home is not a location but a feeling.

Does this mean you have a wonderful southern accent?