Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Randomness in the new year

Happy New Year's

Why is being the nice one never as fun as being the utter bastard?

Last night I watched a guy nearly break his own wrist trying to win a video game, some folks get way too competitive.

Why do bad pennies always show up, but angels appear but once?

Just watched a friend's relationship go from "I'll let her know I'm buying this." to "I'll see if she'll allow me to buy this.".

Always surprising when the "or else what" results, not in a fist fight, but in a phone call being made. Very sobering to realize, as a Sergent, you've just had a Colonel woken up at 3 am. This is why annoying the ex-sailor when drunk, after your curfew is a bad thing.

"She said you were a protector, we're gonna be great friends." This phrase marked the shortest time ever to get shifted in the "friend" category. ~sighs~ Preemptively placed in the friend slot, just can't win.

This brought me down. I am saddened greatly by Mr. Prachett's news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And a very Happy New Year to you tooooo. Had warm and cuddly thoughts about you last night. See sometimes its not so bad being in the 'friends' section now is it?