Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Illusions

We all live in a world of illusions. The mind skews perceptions to make them fit what we want to see. When you start to strip away the illusions, things can get ugly quick. Sadly enough finding the truth makes you deal with the world as it truly is. As it was explained to me "To know one's self is knowledge. To know knowledge is enlightenment. To know when you have enough is enough, you will have enough.".

Man this cryptic knowledge stuff would be a lot more useful if it was straight forward (or as Mia suggested, if it came with a manual).

3 comments:

Mia said...

But then again, how many boys ever read the instructions? ~hugs~

Seven Seas said...

Mia: True, usually the first thing thrown out.

ChickyBabe said...

I'm not sure that I live in a world of illusions though I may want to retain a few for my own reasons.

Reality is too bright and it masks many illusions for me.