Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Truth can be fun

"You're last name is Bacon? Wow, are you any relation to Kevin?" Here we go again, it amazes me how often I get to play this one out. "Yep, he's my uncle." I respond, my face deadpan, then return to my drink. "No way!! Kevin Bacon is not your uncle is he?" "Yep, Kevin is my father's younger brother." A small part of me wants to believe that people are not this gullible, the rest of me grins inwardly and wonders how far it will go this time. "Oh my God!! Could you introduce me?" I shrug "Sure, if you're ever in Georgia give a call and I'll take you by their house.". A flash of confusion "He has a house in Georgia?". "Yep, down by the river." A knowing glance "Ahh, must be in a upscale place. Hey guys, this guy is Kevin Bacon's nephew!"

Funny how it never occurs to folks that there is more than one Kevin Bacon in the world.

1 comment:

The Exception said...

That is too funny. Kind of like when you tell people where you are from or went to school or something and they say... did you know...

Well yes, in that school of 35 thousand people, I knew him... what a great guy!