Monday, June 18, 2007

The place

I stand knees slightly inward, head and shoulders slightly back, arms raised in front of me, hands unclenched and fingers at my target. My mind is teaming with unnecessary thoughts, so I build a fire.
All anger goes into it, all fear, all longing, all sadness, all happiness, all emotions burn away. Next comes the issues of the day, all the issues from work, her eyes, it all burns away. Everything I am burns away, leaving nothing but the fire and with out fuel it goes out. This is the place.
Senses expand and the world slows down, the guys across the gym play basketball in slow motion. Finally I move, the heavy bag jerks from the impacts. Every bead of sweat is felt, the heart races to keep up with the demand. I hear the hushed whispers as the basket ball players stop to watch. The cycle continues, formlessness is given form, every breath is measured, every movement precise, nothing is wasted.
Finally it ends, and I leave the place. The world rushes in and fills the void. I feel everything again, but it doesn't seem as important. My body aches, and all I can do is smile. It's been a long time since I came here, and I have missed it.

2 comments:

The Exception said...

Well written.
It is amazing what a little bag work can do for the mind.

ChickyBabe said...

Nicely done :). I like how it all burns away...