Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sore loser

Was having a discussion with a liberal friend of mine this weekend, on the topic of firearms. The end result was me being called a "Nazi", I personally found this to be damn near fighting words. Why is it that when people can not win a argument by facts, they try to demonize their opponent? While I am neither conservative or liberal, my views usually slant towards the conservative. Lets list the facts:

Me:
For the right to bear arms.

For freedom of expression (yes even the things that I find offensive), and religion.

Against affirmative action (I believe that all people should be judged equally regardless of race, sex, religion, or any thing else.).

Very against censorship (if something you don't like is on the radio or TV, change the channel or turn it off).

Against the "Patriot act" (clearly violates the right against illegal search and seizure)

Nazis:
Against the right to bear arms (one of the first things Hitler did in power was to strip the people of their firearms)

Against freedom of expression (unless it agreed with their views).

Very against freedom of religion (does this even need explaining).

For affirmative action (they were all about separating races, and putting one above others).

For censorship (see above about freedom of expression)

For all sorts of illegal search and seizure.


Not much in way of likeness between me and the Nazi. I welcome all rational arguments, but leave the "You're a Nazi, because you disagree with me." crap at the door.

No comments: