Sunday, June 18, 2006

The have and have nots...(rant time again, yay)

As of late, it becomes clearer and clearer that there are haves and have nots in the U.S.. There are the common everyday folks, like yours truly, and the rich and powerful, nothing at all like yours truly. This distinction is hammered home when you look at how legal treatment differs between the two classes.

Rep. Mckinney from Georgia (the fact that this woman is from my home state sickens me) struck a capitol police officer. She hit the officer after he tried to stop her when she bypassed a security checkpoint with out showing identification, or wearing the pin that identifies her as a representative. She came out swinging the race card, and after the grand jury investigation nothing happened to her. Had I done the same offence, I would right now be trying to fend off the romantic advances of my cell mate.

Rep. Patrick Kennedy crashed his car (granted the Kennedy driving skills are of legend) while D.U.I. and was driven home by capitol police. He was given drug rehab and 1 year probation, he left drug rehab after 1 month. I would have been carted off to jail, lost my license, been fined, lost my insurance, and basically had my life put through the wringer.

These are just two examples of what is happening throughout our system. Bribery, perjury, mysterious deaths, all the things from movie plots happen each day. Rarely does justice happen. It is not confined to one party, or one level of the system. Somehow I think our founding fathers would be disgusted to see what we have become.

No comments: