Sunday, June 14, 2009

Who ya gonna call?

After a long day of work, I decided to spend the afternoon at the local firing range. While there I met some of the local Sheriff's department, nice guys. After expending 3 or so hours sighting in a few rifles and a shot gun, I returned home. First thing, clean the firearms.

I was interrupted by a telemarketer. Usually I just hang up, but the opening line caught my attention.
"Sir, what would you do if someone suddenly broke into your home? Would you have time to call the police?"

"Yes, I imagine I would have time to call them."

The woman seemed confused by this answer, but continued trying to make the sell.

"But sir, police usually take 10 to 15 minutes to respond, with our security system they would be on the way automatically"

"Ma'am, trust me it is not an issue."

Confusion again
"Do you already have a security system sir?

Grinning I cycle the slide of the shotgun I had just put together.
"Yes ma'am, I do.

Sometimes universal timing just works.

No comments: