Monday, September 29, 2008

Home and back

Just got back from the US. Spent the last two weeks on vacation, spending time with the family and whatnot. It is always a strange experience when I first get home, I keep expecting things to be as they were when I left. You would think that I would have learned by now that they never are. The little sister now has her first boyfriend. My nieces are growing like weeds. I had a lot of plans while I was home, got around to doing none of them. Funny how two weeks can pass in a blink of an eye. Maybe next time I will finally make it to Vegas, or travel north abit to meet some of the folks on the blogosphere.

The trip home was bittersweet. Along with visiting my family and being able to do some target shooting with my father, I learned that an old friend is dying and probably won't be around next time I come home. My mother's (before you ask, my parents have been divorced for as long as I can remember) boyfriend is also in bad shape, and it is unknown how long he has.

So after a dramatic two weeks I am back in Korea.

No comments: